This recipe is from my ward's recipe swap. It came from the theme, "30 minutes or less". This is quick, yummy, and easy to modify.
Enchilada Casserole
1 # ground beef (I use about 1/2 #)
1 pkg taco seasoning (with water, according to package)
1 can red enchilada sauce or tomato soup
1 C cheddar cheese, shredded
1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
6 corn tortillas (slightly cooked in hot oil) or 3 flour tortillas
Optional layers- beans, frozen corn, rice, tomatoes. I just add whatever I have to make it more fun. All are yummy.
Brown ground beef (add chopped onion if wanted). Add taco seasoning with water according to directions on package. Add enchilada sauce or tomato soup and let simmer for a few minutes. Layer tortillas, meat and cheese in greased 9x9 pan. Repeat until all ingredients are used up. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you want it less spicy, use the tomato soup instead of enchilada sauce. We like it with the enchilada sauce though.

1 comment:
This is really yummy! Next time I make it, I think I'll double the amount of corn tortillas I used. We thought it tasted like our favorite Mexican restaurant.
Post a Comment