Perfect Pancakes1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for cooking
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: blueberries, cinnamon chips, chocolate chips, raspberries, pecans, bananas, etc.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, wisk milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Add to the dry mixutre until just compined, a few lumps are fine. Fold in fruit.
Cook on griddle on medium heat.
I saw these on the CBS Early Show, and when I have time I make them (if I don't sleep in too late! :) Guess if you wanted, you could make them into bear pancakes!
Cinnamon Syrup
1/2 cup white sugar
1/c cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir together sugars, flour, cinnamon, in saucepan. Stir in water and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil and stir until thickened. Cool a little before serving.

2 comments:
You can always have these for dinner Jenny if you happen to sleep until noon.
Xena seems pretty enthusiastic about pancakes.
Post a Comment