Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cake Pops


I did these for Jace's party and they were so fun and yummy. Perfect for little hands to munch on. You can also just do cake balls without the sticks. I felt like I was dipping truffles again for Emily's wedding. The recipe comes from the Bakerella website and the original one uses red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting, and dipped in chocolate melt
Cake Balls:
1 box cake, cooked in a 9x13 pan
1 container frosting
candy melt
Crumble cooled cake into a large bowl. Mix with frosting. Harden in freezer or fridge. Roll into small balls (makes ~40-50 balls). Melt chocolate according to directions on package and dip each ball to cover, harden on wax paper. You can do any flavor of cake/frosting and can use chocolate bark or I got candy melt's from Michaels which come in all different colors. Of course Jace wanted all orange! These were really fun.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so excited about these- I even bought red, white, and blue sprinkles to make these for the fourth!