Sunday, June 13, 2010

Easy-Bake Cheddar Biscuits

These are from Kraft Foods (love their website and recipes if you don't already use it). These biscuits are yummy and are super fast and easy. They're yummy to dip in soups and such. The original recipe says to top with chive and onion or vegetable cream cheese, sounds good but we've never tried it.

Easy-Bake Cheddar Biscuits
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter (cut up)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup milk

Mix flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, and salt in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Add milk; stir until mixture forms soft dough.
Place on lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times or until smooth. Pat out dough into 6-inch square. Cut into 9 pieces. Place on ungreased baking sheet (I like to use my pizza stone).
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm officially blog stalking this. I love Melville recipes!! yay!

Laura Cates said...

P.S. bake at 450