This is one of my new favorite crock pot recipes! A friend in Rochester brought this when I had Bridgette. It's a very good "home-cooking" recipe. The biscuits are the yummiest things ever!
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup flour
2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup heavy cream- I substitute canned milk and then use the excess for the biscuits
In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5-6 hours.
Thirty minutes before serving, prepare biscuits (recipe below).
Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and salt to taste. Cover and cook until heated through.
To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves. (I just like to dip mine)
For Drop Biscuits:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk- I use the rest of my canned milk
Heat oven to 400*. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until pea-sized clumps form. Add the milk and mix just until moistened.
Drop 8-9 large mounds of the dough onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
From "Real Simple" magazine

No comments:
Post a Comment