Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Skillet Enchiladas

I have been making these lately instead of a pan of enchiladas.  It's an easy and quicker way to do enchiladas.  Not my favorite kind of enchiladas, but seriously so much faster so I end up making them more often.  Instead of filling them with meat, you make a meat sauce.
Skillet Enchiladas

1/4-1/2 lb ground beef
1 can red enchilada sauce
6-8 small flour tortillas
Mexican blend shredded cheese
2-3 green onions, chopped
Optional- black beans, fresh tomatoes

Cook ground beef and drain off fat.  Stir in enchilada sauce and let simmer a few minutes.  Fill tortillas with cheese and green onions, and black beans/tomatoes if you want.  Roll and stick in your skillet.  Cover with the sauce.  It's easier to cover with sauce as you go so you can get to it.  Cover your skillet and simmer for 10-15 minutes until cheese melts inside. 

We like them because the bottoms crisp up a little bit and since you can make just what you need, you aren't stuck with soggy leftovers.  I usually use cooked ground beef that I already have in my freezer, so it makes it even faster.

No comments: