This awesome recipe is from my friend Mary, from good old recipe swap. It's a sweet version of a Mexican salsa dish.
Chicken:
2-4 chicken breasts
cumin to taste
lemon pepper to taste
1 can corn, drained (I just use frozen)
1 can black beans, rinsed
3 cups mango salsa- I use Costco's "Santa Barbara Mango Peach Salsa". It should be mostly fruit, not too tomato based.
Put chicken into greased crockpot. Sprinkle with cumin and lemon pepper and add just a little water. Cook on low for several hours. When done, shred and add back to crockpot. Add corn, beans and salsa. Leave on low until ready to serve.
Rice:
1 T butter
1 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups Jasmine rice
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (I always use light)
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup coconut
Melt butter in saucepan over medium. Add brown sugar and salt; stir until dissolved. Turn up to high and add rice. Stir until grains are all coated. Add coconut milk and water and stir. Bring to a boil, cover and turn down heat to low and simmer for 20 min. Remove pot from heat, but don't open lip and let sit for 10 minutes.
While rice is cooking toast coconut flakes. Fluff rice and add coconut to rice.
Emily- I am waiting for that Kaula Pork recipe!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I make this all the time! Never done that fancy of rice though. I love it but no one else in the family will eat it, but I'm over that so I still make it.
Post a Comment