Melville sisters, don't let the name scare you off. This soup is awesome, it's like a cream of potato only more enjoyable for husbands. It's another recipe from our friends the Martins. I put LOTS of onion in it, and I puree it in my food processor, to trick Gauge. It's one of his favorite dinners and he usually eats two bowls.
1 lb of ground beef or turkey
Brown, drain, and set aside
5-7 long carrots, chopped
1-3 onions, chopped or pureed to fool children
celery chopped (I don't put in, due to Scott's fear of celery)
2 tbsp basil
2 tbsp parsely
2 tbsp butter
Saute these in same pan until soft
5-8 potatoes, peeled and chopped
Chicken broth to cover
Add potatoes, chicken broth, and cooked meat to carrot mixture, boil until vegetables are soft.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
Melt butter, wisk in flour. Cook to thicken to make a roux. Add to soup, boil to thicken soup.
Add 2 cups milk and 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
Serve with cheddar cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment