Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cilantro Lime Rice

Tyler's mom wanted this recipe, so it's easier to just put it up here for you too. We made this to bring over to our group dinner where we were having Mexican food. It is supposed to be like Cafe Rio's cilantro lime rice. It turned out so yummy! The salsa verde is a little spicy, so add it carefully!

Cilantro Lime Rice

3 cups white rice
6 cups chicken broth (I did this in my rice cooker, so followed those instructions for the amount of liquid- ended up being only 2 cans.)
1 can green enchilada sauce (I used most of a jar of Goya Salsa Verde and it turned out yummy)
juice of 1 lime
Fresh cilantro, chopped. Put in how much you like- I only did about 1-2 T for the whole batch
2 green onions, chopped

Cook the rice with chicken broth how you normally would. After rice is done, mix in the enchilada sauce (salsa verde), lime juice, green onions and cilantro.

Also, I think it would be helpful to label each recipe to keep things organized, and so we can find recipes quickly. Let's use the following categories:
  • Main dish
  • Side dish
  • Dessert
  • Bread
  • Chicken
  • Beef
  • Pork
  • Fish
  • Salad
Type what your labels will be in the bottom box on the posting screen. If you want to see categories already used, just hit 'show all'. If you can think of more labels we need, just type it in! Get posting!

No comments: