This is one of my favorite PenCourt recipes. It's the only stir fry recipe that I really love.
Beef and Broccoli
1/4 lb broccoli, chopped
1/4 lb white onion, sliced
1/8 lb carrots, sliced
3 green onions, sliced
1 T fresh ginger, minced (I always use powdered ginger and its fine)
1 T fresh garlic, minced
1 T sesame oil
1 lb top sirloin beef, cut into stir fry strips
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (I sprinkle like 2 shakes, it makes it spicy so be careful)
2 T cornstarch
1 T chicken bouillon powder
1 T sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 T cashews
Put oil in large sauté pan and heat to medium high. Add the beef and crushed red pepper. While meat is cooking, prepare sauce by mixing chicken bouillon, sugar, ginger, garlic, water, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl. Once beef is cooked, add carrots and white onions. Cook for a few minutes and then add broccoli. Cook veggies until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the sauce and cook until mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in green onions and cashews. Serve over white rice.
Even Bridgette gobbled this up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I used to make this back in the day and was actually thinking about it a few days ago. I guess that's a sign I should try it again!
We made it! Very yummy!
Post a Comment