Sunday, September 2, 2012

Upside Down German Chocolate Cake

I got this recipe from my friend Katie.  We made it tonight for mine and Mom's birthday cake (neither of us had cake on our birthday).  It totally rocks!  The cream cheese mixture drops to the bottom of the pan and makes a yummy "frosting".  Next time I make it, I am going to try mixing in chocolate chips into the cake batter.


Gooey Upside Down German Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:
1 cup coconut
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 box German Chocolate Cake mix, prepared
1 pound (4 cups) powdered sugar
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter, melted

Directions:Flour and grease 9x13 pan
Preheat oven to 350
Sprinkle coconut and pecans in bottom of pan
Prepare cake mix per box instructions
Pour prepared cake batter over coconut and pecans
Mix sugar, cream cheese and butter in medium bowl until well blended
Pour/spoon over cake batter- do Not mix in
Bake 50-55 minutes (put your pan on a cookie sheet, the first time I did the recipe it over flowed a little bit.)


Try it!  Am I the only one who tries new recipes these days?  We need some more recipes up here!

No comments: