Friday, July 16, 2010

"Knock it off Napolean, and make yourself a dang quesadilla"

This is one of the recipes from my work, but it's so good! I know it sounds weird with broccoli, but I swear you'll love it. No picture, since you know what quesadillas look like. It's perfect for a quick dinner and is still really filling even without any meat.

Broccoli and Black Bean Quesadillas

1 cup broccoli, chopped really really fine (so you can't even tell it's broccoli)
1 cup black beans
1/4- 1/2 cup medium or hot salsa
1 cup grated cheese
Tortillas
other fillings you want: green or red onions, red pepper, rice, etc.

Smash the beans up so they look like refried beans. Add in everything else and mix up. Spread in half of your tortilla, fold over and cook on griddle or frying pan for a few minutes on each side.
Cut into triangles and dip in salsa or guacamole.
Makes enough filling for 3-4 10" tortillas.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Do you steam the broccoli?

Rebe said...

I just use it raw because I like it a little crunchy still. The recipe calls for it steamed though.