Sunday, November 17, 2013

Black Bean Brownies

This is a great guilt free recipe!  It helps my cravings without adding too many calories.  Frederick loves them too.  This comes from chocolatecoveredkatie.com-

  • 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder- dutch or regular (10g) (add a little extra if desired)
  • 1/2 cup quick oats (40g) (See nutrition facts link below for all substitution notes.)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave (Honey will work, but not for strict vegans.) (75g)
  • 2 tbsp sugar (or omit and increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
  • 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil (40g) 
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (115-140g) (Not optional. Omit at your own risk.)
  • optional: more chips, for presentation
Put all ingredients except chips in a food processor- I have a small one and it fits everything fine.  Blend very well.  Mix in chips and pour into a greased 8x8 pan.  Sprinkle with more chips if desired.  Bake at 350 for 15-18* minutes.  Cool at least 10 minutes before eating.  Yum!  Sometimes I make these for breakfast lol!

*I swear the recipe used to say cook for 30 minutes!  So I guess if they don't look done don't be concerned if you cook them much longer!

No comments: